Although it’s been a long time since we’ve posted, Share the Slate has been up to a lot of things!
We are now an official 505(c)(3) non-profit organization. So, your donations are tax-deductible. Please consider making a donation today!
Next week we will be having our annual public meeting at the Brick Oven on Wed. Feb. 22nd from 4 to 6 pm. Our event will include a fundraising raffle, with lots of great stuff from the local Crested Butte community and beyond. We will also be unveiling our Membership options.
On top of our fundraising efforts, we will be continuing to educate our community. Focus topics of our event include:
- Background of who we are and what we’re about
- What we’ve been working on in the last year – Current projects and status with the
- Forest Service on Winter Travel Management
- Highlights on current public lands issues and what’s going on with the current administration
- Winter trail etiquette
- Our short-term and long term Goals
- Future Events – upcoming trailhead awareness days on February 25th and March 4th
- Updates about our Google Earth site and data collection
We hope to see you at the Share the Slate Annual Public Meeting, Wed February 22nd from 4 to 6 pm at the Brick Oven!