Our 2017 Annual Public Meeting was held last Wednesday at the Brick Oven! It was a great success and thanks to ALL who attended!
Our meeting featured the following presentations:
- A review of our mission & beliefs and re-cap of the Gang of 9 Decision.
- An overview of the state of our public lands, the potential threat to sell them off, and our commitment to keep you informed so that we can have our say in public lands that are most important to us.
- Reminders of parking quirks at Slate River Winter trailhead, and an overview of Washington Gulch private land, closures, & necessary motorized permit.
- Unveiled our plans for a mobile app that syncs with your phone’s GPS so you know designated land use areas an closures
- Overview of our accomplishments and future goals.
A copy of our PowerPoint presentation can be found here:
Our Public Meeting also featured a raffle with lots of fun stuff – we humbly thank Crested Butte Sports, Big Al’s Bicycle Heaven, Cripple Creek Backcountry, Third Bowl, KBUT, Camp-4 Coffee, Romp, and Le Bosquet for donating merchandise and gift certificates to make our raffle a success!
Along with our raffle, we also offered memberships. We currently have four membership options for Share the Slate – Individual ($25), Family ($45), Business ($100), Business Platinum ($500). For more details about the benefits of each membership and to purchase them, please visit our Membership page.
Thanks again to all who attended our 2017 Annual Public Meeting. We are currently looking for more board members, so if you wish to get involved, please contact us! Also, please feel free to reach out for volunteer opportunities as well!